- UPDATE (3.10.2016):
- Old Review:
- Basic information:
- 7 Binary Options Rating:
- Key features
- Have you tried automated trading yet?
- Maximum Profit (payout)
- Types of accounts
- Trading Platform
- Placing Trades
- Learning Tools
- Customer Service
- Noted Drawbacks
- Additional information
- 2options Articles:
- References and Further Reading:
- John Miller
- Related content:
We have found out that 2options is closed.
We recommend choosing one of our top binary option brokers instead:
Try also Binary Option Robot if you are looking for automated binary trading.
When we took a look at the 2options internet broker we found it to be a very interesting site to say the least. We were pleasantly surprised by the nice bonuses they had to offer, how their account package was kept organized and the large amount of choices they offered when it came to trading modes.
This site out of London, England was established in 2008, which makes it one of the oldest running binary options trading sites. Let’s take a look at the 2options a little more closely.
Online since: 2008
Max Returns: 95%
Minimum Deposit: $250
Minimum Investment: $25
Maximum Investment: $2500
Currencies: USD, AUD, EUR, GBP, Yen, Yuan
Countries: All nations excl. USA
– Very good deposit bonus
– Good variety of options
– Excellent returns (95%)
– Good learning tools
– Small max. investment
7 Binary Options Rating:
As we were reviewing the 2options internet broker, we noticed that one of the best things about it was that newcomers could acclimate to the site very quickly and easily. The production selection was made easier by the fact that it was uniform across the platform regardless of a user’s account level. It was one of the most straightforward sites we had ever reviewed. The unified account system was both unique and creative.
The site also offers a type of trading insurance policy so to speak also. They have a provision for their traders that allows them to get back to 10% of the money they had invested in losing trades. That is just another way the site helps it’s investors reduce risk.
Other 2options services that were available are the potential to do some risk free trading and investors can have access to a personal investing coach.
The site also comes with an excellent mobile trading platform that is available for those who like to trade on the go. It is a big deal for those traders that are not at home much to help them stay in the trading game at all times.
2options has some nice bonuses that it provides to its many traders and they are not just in the form of sign up bonuses either; there are also generous bonuses that an investor is eligible for based on the amount of money they trade. The more they trade, the higher this trading bonus is.
Sign up bonuses start at 100% for a deposit of $500 and can go as high as 150% for a deposit that is over $10,000. The minimum deposit required s $250, but its better to deposit more if an investor can because then they will get a higher sign up bonus. It must be noted that there is a turnover bonus that varies on the amount a user must trade before they are eligible to be able to withdraw any bonus money.
There are bonuses for future deposits as well as sign up bonuses too. It’s nice for a trader to get a little extra bonus each time they make a new deposit in their account. There are other bonuses that 2options provides its many investors also such as economic event bonuses to help a trader limit risk when the market is volatile and personal bonuses which are given when a relationship has been established with a 2option’s account manager.
Have you tried automated trading yet?
Other recommended auto trading robots:
Maximum Profit (payout)
We really liked 2options potential for a high return on investment; up to 95% in some cases. That is the type of return on investment that any trader likes to see. The minimum investment on the 2options trading site is only $25; it’s nice to be able to trade only a small amount on those high risk trades that may bring a huge return on a trader’s investment. The maximum amount that can be done per trade is $2500, which we thought was a little on the small side for the site’s heavy traders.
Types of accounts
As we mentioned in the features section, 2options does really not have severe distinctions between account levels. It is part of the appeal to the site to those investors that do not have $10,000 to place down for a deposit to obtain higher account level privileges. All its users are treated fairly.
Again the trading platform is a real highlight of the site with its simplicity. We would think that comes from their abundance of experience as an online broker. There is a lot of various option trading modes that the platform has to offer and these are arranged in an easy point and click menu for simple access. SpotOption is the trading software that the website uses and it has long been an industry favorite.
Not only is the platform layout easy to read and follow, it also has a lot of special features that can be accessed. The price data that is broadcast on the website all comes from Thompson Reuters, which just happens to be one of the most respected names in the world when it comes to financial data and analysis.
The website platform also features an easy to access current market news display and it provides 2options many users with an economic calendar. These things are worth keeping an eye on because 2options often ties in special event bonuses around this type of market activity.
There are a large variety of option types that can be traded on 2options; we really liked the amount of selections they offered here. They offered such options as longer term options with extended expiry times, sixty-second options for those that liked to trade fast, the bread and butter High/Low option, One Touch options, Pair Options trading and the advanced and fun to trade Ladder Options.
The website really focuses its asset selection heavily on stocks and indices. Asset selection includes a choice between 37 indices, 19 available stocks, 12 matched currency pairs and only 7 commodities.
There also was a large variety of expiration times that were available on 2options too. Such expiration times included 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 2minutes, 30 minutes, 24 hours and a host of others also.
We found some really nice technical analysis tools in our review of the site, but we were also very disappointed that no demo account mode was made available to its traders. And we already mentioned the nice variety of up to date financial information news and the informative news on economic events in the world.
The banking functions featured on 2options are very good. Deposit methods were available by using such sources as Visa, MasterCard, Amex, bank wire transfer, CashU, Maestro and Neteller. Currencies that could be used are the US Dollar, the Euro, the British Pound, the Australian Dollar, the Japanese Yen, the Chinese Yuan and the South African Rand.
Withdrawals by credit card or by using Netwallet were extremely fast. The minimum withdrawal amount is $100. The website does not make any guarantees about withdrawal times, but generally they were in the traders source account in a very acceptable three days.
Customer service was polite and responsive when contacted by phone, but after that we found it to be a little lacking. We have gone on to explain the downside to their customer service in a little more detail in the drawbacks section. This is definitely an area that can be improved on an overall good web broker like 2options.
As we mentioned, the platform was not without its drawbacks. We also have a hard time giving a big thumbs up to a binary option broker that does not offer its users a demo account to learn the site; it is very surprising that an online broker that has been around as long as 2options has never created one for its many traders, unlike Banc de Binary for example. Hopefully one will be forthcoming in the future.
To sum it all up, we really liked the fact that there were no account categories in 2options and all users had access to the same tool, benefits, trades and more. They have an excellent bonus structure that offers a lot of bonuses and they also offer a large variety of options to trade and assets. Check out also Binary Option Robot if you are interested in binary option signals or automated trading.
Customer Service: Live Chat / Web Form
Languages: English, French, Italian, Russian
Trading Options: High / Low, One Touch, Option Builder, Meta Charts, Ladder Options
Assets: Currencies, Stocks, Indices, Commodities
Early close: Yes
Expiry Times: 30 sec, 60 sec, 2min, 30 min, 24 hr+
Deposits and Withdrawals: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Bank Wire, CashU, Maestro
Withdrawal Time: 2 days
Demo account: No
- 2options Bonus Rules
- 2options Demo Account
- 2options Login
- 2options Minimum Deposit
- 2options Mobile Application
- 2options USA
- 2options Withdrawal
- Are There Any 2options Complaints?
- Is 2options a Scam?
- Is 2options Regulated?
References and Further Reading:
- Evaluation of Recommender Algorithms for an Internet Information Broker based on Simple Association Rules and on the Repeat-Buying Theory (Andreas Geyer-Schulz1 and Michael Hahsler-2002)
- An object infrastructure for Internet middleware. IBM on Component Broker (C. McFall-2002)
- Secure Information Gathering Agent for Internet Trading (X. F. Wang, X. Yi, K. Y. Lam, E Okamoto-1998)
- A Secure Agent-based Framework for Internet Trading in Mobile Computing Environments (Xun Yi, Chee Kheong Siew, Xiao Feng Wang, Eiji Okamoto-2000)
- The impact of Internet trading on the UK antiquarian and second‐hand bookselling industry (Jane A. Whewell, Vangelis Souitaris-2001)
- Method for monitoring and trading stocks via the internet displaying bid/ask trade bars (Crisostomo B. Garcia-2001)
- A secure auction-like negotiation protocol for agent-based Internet trading (Xun Yi ; E. Okamoto ; Xiao Feng Wang ; Kwok Yan Lam ; D.F. Hsu-2002)
- Peer-to-peer internet trading system with distributed search engine (Neil Katz, Victor Moore, Lawrence O’Connell-2004)
- Method and computer program product for managing an internet trading network (Theresa W. Broden, Glenn C. Godoy, Jane M. Murphy, Mark A. Musa, Sherry L. Wilson-2007)
- Customer Trading in the Foreign Exchange Market : Empirical Evidence from an Internet Trading Platform (Lechner, Sandra; Nolte, Ingmar-2007)
- Modeling electronic service acceptance of an e‐securities trading system (Siriluck Rotchanakitumnuai, Mark Speece-2009)
- The adoption of Internet-based stock trading: a conceptual framework and empirical results (Lawrence Loh & Yee-Shyuan Ong-2010)
- Automated Internet Trading Based On Optimized Physics Models Of Markets (Lester Ingber Lester Ingber Research (LIR) Radu Paul Mondescu-2001)
- Internet trading cards, system and method (Clayton Koh-2002)
- Is All That Talk Just Noise? The Information Content of Internet Stock Message Boards (Werner Antweiler, Murray Z. Frank-2004)
- DotCom Mania: The Rise and Fall of Internet Stock Prices (Eli Ofek, Matthew Richardson-2003)
- News or Noise? Internet Postings and Stock Prices (Robert Tumarkin and Robert F. Whitelaw-2001)
- Caught on tape: Institutional trading, stock returns, and earnings announcements (John Y. Campbella, b, , , Tarun Ramadoraic, d, e, Allie Schwartz-2009)
- The Political Economy of the World Trading System: The WTO and Beyond (Bernard M. Hoekman, Michel M. Kostecki-2009)
- Computer-implemented securities trading system with a virtual specialist function (Timothy M. Keiser, Michael R. Burns-2006)
Latest posts by John Miller (see all)
- Interview of Daria Glazko from IQ Option - July 20, 2016
- IQoption Adds New Deposit Feature and Forms New Partnership - July 5, 2016
- How Binary Options Changed My Life and Got Me Out of Debt - June 7, 2016