It is pretty rare on here to see a broker from Australia so we are happy to take a look at an up and coming binary options broker that is based there. The name of that broker is HighLow. It is a binary options trading site that is very innovative and is attracting a lot of attention from traders.
One of the things that make HighLow an excellent binary options trading alternative is the fact that it’s a regulated broker. It can also be traded in several places around the world like Australia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Unfortunately it cannot be traded by USA binary options investors at this time, but for US traders we have Binary Option Robot or Finpari. It also features a trading platform that is super easy to navigate around and use; that is so important to be able to do when placing trades and learning about binary options trading. It is also a website that unlike many others is not cluttered with a lot of useless information.
Online since: 2014
Max Returns: 90%
Minimum Deposit: A$ 10
Minimum Investment: A$ 10
Maximum Investment: A$ 1000
Currencies: USD, AUD
Countries: All but US
– It is an innovative and forward thinking company
– They offer a large variety of option choices including advanced options
– Traders have a little more control over their trades than can be found on some other web brokers sites
– Outstanding Demo Account
– Low minimum Deposit
– Convenient mobile app
– It cannot be used by USA traders
7 Binary Options Rating:
The owners of the brokerage site are an Australian company called RCTM. They hold Australian Financial Services License #364264. As we have said before regulated brokers offer several distinct advantages over non regulated brokers when it comes to transparency and how they manage the money that is deposited through the web broker. It also establishes a set protocol for complaints and requirements for insuring funds just like a national bank does. Since it is an Australian site, those who favor trading in Australian dollars will not lose money on rate exchanges to other currencies either.
Sign Up and Trading Platform
The sign up incentives on HighLow are pretty generic and very ordinary. They currently are offering those that sign up with them up to $50 cash back on their first trade. The sign up process to trade with HighLow is relatively straightforward and uncomplicated.
One of the best features of the HighLow web broker is the large variety of option choices that this website provides. They include some very advanced and potentially highly profitable option ones. Traditional options typically can pay as much as 100% and more advanced option types can pay over 200% return on investments. Those are very fair amounts when compared to other binary option website payouts. When reviewing the HighLow brokerage site we also found that not only did the expiration time impact the trade but also the spreads on the trades give the investor a little tighter control over the outcome of the trade; a very nice little touch for the trader here.
Another outstanding feature is HighLow’s demo account. There are very few ways that make it easier to learn how to trade binary options if you are new to this type of trading. It even helps veteran traders learn the platform when they first start trading with HighLow. The creative team at HighLow incorporates the demo mode into the site so you don’t even have to sign up for it to use it. When you first join the site you will be given $10,000 of practice money to use with the demo account and learn how to trade effectively on the site.
HighLow Trading Software and Assets
We really liked the interface on the HighLow web platform; it was among the most user friendly platforms we have ever tested. The site is laid out in an easy to read manner yet it still contains a whole lot of great information. The option choices themselves are displayed in what the website refers to as the binary options carousel; it makes it really to sort through and pick from the many available options choices.
The traditional High/Low option is offered of course with that being the name of the web broker also. Under the quick facts section you saw that typical returns on investment were as high as 90% with some more exotic option choices returning as high as 200% payouts; that is a very good return on investment to say the least. These return on investment figures put the HighLow website among the highest return on investment binary options brokers there is.
Trading also can be done by investing as little as $10. That is great if you are just starting out and don’t want to risk a whole lot of money until you learn more. They also cater to traders that like very fast expiration times as they offer 60 second, 90 second and 5 minute expiration times. The ‘option on demand ‘feature makes trading highly flexible and is a favorite of those investors that like to take advantage of such things as short term patterns and other specific dynamics of the trading environment.
Another type of binary option that is offered on the website is that of FOREX Spread High/Low Trading. Spread trading is ideal for those investors that like to trade in a high risk and high reward type environment. Return on investment with these can be 100% or higher. It can be some of the most exciting trading that is done on a binary options website and can really get a traders adrenaline going.
HighLow also offers those that trade with them access to world class data streams; these services are provided by a well-known company called Leverate. It is also an extremely safe and secure web platform. There is as a Traders Choice indicator which also helps the investor to gauge current market sentiment. The Traders Choice feature will appear after 4 trading actions and will constantly update itself depending on the expiration times that are chosen. This feature can conveniently be turned on or off.
There is also a convenient mobile app that can be downloaded to your smart phone or other smart device. This a great feature to help those that are limited in the time they are home in front of their computer to trade.
Customer Support and Services
During our testing of the HighLow Brokerage site we found their customer service to be very good. It goes well beyond that which is required by the regulations they fall under; it is nice when a website goes the extra mile to take care of their investor’s questions and concerns. An internet search revealed many positive reviews of the HighLow website. Even there highly informative FAQ section is outstanding.
The best way to access customer support for the broker is by using e-mail. They answer your questions and concerns quickly as long as the question you have is not thoroughly covered in the FAQ section; we did not have a problem with this because there FAQ section is laid out so well and is easy to understand. We were a little taken back by the fact they had no live chat support but the phone support they offer is an adequate replacement for this feature. Contact with Customer Support can be done in both Japanese and English
Neteller and credit cards seem to be the preferred method for transactions with this binary options web broker. The minimum deposit for both is a low $50; one of the lowest deposit amounts you will ever see in the industry. The minimum deposit for bank wire transfers is an extremely low $10. Transactions are simple and done in an encrypted manner for security purposes.
It is one of the few binary options web brokers that offer instant withdrawals in most cases. They do charge a 2% transaction fee for withdrawal services but again this is lower than the average throughout the industry. The minimum withdrawal amount is $50 in most cases. Bank transfers can be used for withdrawals and take approximately 1 to 3 days to show up in your account. We were disappointed that credit cards could not be used to withdraw funds.
Customer accounts are kept segregated for security purposes and safekeeping. The commonwealth of Australia has strict rules regarding banking and all funds are placed in a trust account with the National Bank of Australia. You don’t have to worry about the HighLow web broker mishandling your money.
What Do We Think
There are a few things that are different from other brokers on the HighLow website for sure and it’s not perfect. With that being said, it is an innovative site that is a little bit of fresh air when it comes to trading binary options. The number of option choices is outstanding and their nice demo account is the icing on the cake. We have no problem at all recommending people that are interested in trading on the HighLow to go ahead and try it.
Customer Service: Email: [email protected]
Languages: English, Japanese
Trading Options: High / Low, Option Builder, Range Options
Assets: Currencies, Stocks, Indices, Commodities
Early close: No
Expiry Times: 60 second, 2minutes, 5minutes, 15 minutes, 1 hour and End of Day
Deposits and Withdrawals: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Bank Wire, Neteller
Withdrawal Time: 1 day
Demo account: Yes
References and Further Reading:
- What is the cost of venting? Evidence from eBay (Lingfang (Ivy) Li-2010)
- THIN TRADING AND THE ESTIMATION OF BETAS: THE EFFICACY OF ALTERNATIVE TECHNIQUES (Jan Bartholdy, Allan Riding-1994)
- Information presentation and management in an online trading environment ( Martin L. Hess, Michael K. Wilson-2000)
- Institutional trading and alternative trading systems (Jennifer Conrad, Kevin M. Johnson, Sunil Wahal-2003)
- Optimal tariff calculations in alternative trade models and some possible implications for current world trading arrangements (Bob Hamilton, John Whalley-1983)
- A study of online auction sites in Taiwan: product, auction rule, and trading type (Kai Wang, , Eric T.G. Wang , Chi-Feng Tai-2002)
- Trading Regret for Efficiency: Online Convex Optimization with Long Term Constraints (Mehrdad Mahdavi, Rong Jin, Tianbao Yang-2012)
- Friction in the trading process and the estimation of systematic risk (Kalman J. Cohen, Gabriel A. Hawawini, Steven F. Maier Robert, A. Schwartz, David K. Whitcomb-1983)
- Alternative commodity trading vehicles: A performance analysis (Thomas Schneeweis, Uttama Savanayana, David McCarthy-1991)
- A New Architecture of Online Trading Platform Based on Cloud Computing (Xiujuan Zhang ; Guoqing Dong-2010)
- Computerized system and method for conducting an online virtual auction ( Daniel Fritsch, Jason Tatge-2002)
- An AHP-DEA-based vendor selection approach for an online trading platform (Yara Aji, Moncer Hariga-2010)
- Online multimedia file distribution system and method ( David Johnson-McCormick, Paul Cady-2007)
- Systems and methods for affiliate utilization of online trading platform (Richard Ettinger-2005)
- Agent services-based infrastructure for online assessment of trading strategies (Longbing Cao ; Jiaqi Wang ; Li Lin ; Chengqi Zhang-2004)
- Researching Internet-Based Populations: Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Survey Research, Online Questionnaire Authoring Software Packages, and Web Survey Services (Kevin B. Wright-2005)
- Software Testing as an Online Service: Observations from Practice (Leah Muthoni Riungu ; Ossi Taipale ; Kari Smolander-2010)
- Trends and patterns among online software pirates (Sameer Hinduja-2003)
- Software implementation of online risk-based security assessment ( Ming Ni ; J.D. McCalley ; V. Vittal ; S. Greene ; Chee-Wooi Ten ; V.S. Ganugula ; T. Tayyib-2003)
- Designing the market game for a trading agent competition (M.P. Wellman ; P.R. Wurman ; K. O’Malley ; R. Bangera ; S.-d. Lin ; D. Reeves ; W.E. Walsh-2002)
7 Binary Options review: HighLow: stars.
Latest posts by John Miller (see all)
- Interview of Daria Glazko from IQ Option - July 20, 2016
- IQoption Adds New Deposit Feature and Forms New Partnership - July 5, 2016
- How Binary Options Changed My Life and Got Me Out of Debt - June 7, 2016